Community Engagement & Marketing Director
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Community Engagement and Marketing Director (CEMD) will support overall strategic and operational responsibility for Explore Bike Share’s ridership, marketing & promotions, community engagement, and execution of its mission. They will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and revenue model.
The CEMD will also work closely and in collaboration with the ED and Board of Directors.
Manage needs of the EBS launch and operations, with consultant support, which will include:
- Lead community engagement efforts
- Hire & lead support staff, ambassadors and interns to create revenue building opportunities, diverse ridership, and innovative programs
- Support sponsorship and development efforts
- Ensure equity in program access and deliveryTrack and evaluate ridership and revenue progress
- Work with EBS’s marketing firm to build brand visibility and reach
- Garner new revenue-generating, fundraising, sponsorship and promotion opportunities
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, ridership, communications, and systems
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
The CEMD will be thoroughly committed to EBS’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fund development, community engagement, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to strategy and partnership
- At least 5 years of experience effectively leading and growing a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff, developing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to collaborate with partners, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors and cultivating existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
Please send resume, three references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.